Monday 18 May 2015

The Black Ruins - Print On Demand

I was excited to finally receive my Print On Demand copy of The Black Ruins from Lulu. I am very pleased with how it's turned out. It had a bend across the cover courtesy of the NZ mail service, but lodging it between two heavy books has straightened it somewhat.

(Apologies in advance for the photos, they look a little pixelated.)


The Black Ruins - Corey Ryan Walden

The cover has a nice gloss, and retains its original colours.The dungeon map (which I had some concerns about printing initially) has turned out how I intended: swampy and grungy.


The Black Ruins Map - Corey Ryan Walden
Here's a look inside:



A hex page:








































It's a very unique experience having in your hand a product you have personally created. Most of you fellow indie designers will be able to relate to this. I'm considering making Adventures In High Wold available for Print On Demand too.

If you feel like picking up a copy head over to Lulu.



No comments:

Post a Comment